Saturday, June 24, 2006

New Zealand Trek. (z zaw zebras in zealand...happy raman?)



June 14th 2006... Brisbane to Christchurch
(The dots on the map are of UFO sightings in Australia and New Zealand... Dont laugh!)

June 15th Akaroa - June 16th Mt Cook - June 17th Queenstown -

June 18th Milford Sound - June 19th Christchurch - June 20th Hanmer Springs -

June 21st Picton - June 22nd Wellington

Me at Lake Pukaki (It is a glacial lake which gives it the distinct colour)

On the way to Milford Sound, up in the clouds!

Milford Sound

Milford Sound

Brief Comments

So far the journey has been pretty awesome. New Zealand received a very bad snowfall on the day I got here. It was laughable compared to Canadian standards of snowfall, but it was one of their worst in 30 years. On the south island there are people still without power. They had to call in the military. There were many road closures and we had to fit chains on the tourbus at some icy points. It was beautiful to see the country blanketed with snow, but the driving was quite treacherous. On the south island there are sheep everywhere. 45 million sheep. I am currently in Wellington hanging out with my cousin. Next up is Auckland and then Fiji with some stops in between. I'll try to update as I go. Rew and James- I took some pictures of some rare shoes I came across in Christchurch, remind me and I'll send them to you. Rew, I also have a picture that I want you to show Sully. I hope to talk to everyone soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Z!! Man I am soo jealous of you gettin to go to that glacial lake! You gotta tell me all about it when you get back online bro! Anyways hope you are having a good journey, all the best

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was the best title you have ever had, it was smart and witty
the person who came up wiht it must be great as well

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home